Yes, our engineers are Gas Safe Registered. Our registration number is 175156. We will also issue an appliance notification, which has been a legal requirement since April 2009.
We are an accredited installer for Worcester Bosch boilers and we can offer a longer guarantee.
We generally supply and install Worcester Bosch Boilers
We can also supply and install an extensive range of other manufacturer’s boilers
A gas boiler service normally takes between 45 minutes to 1 hour.
For a Burst Pipe Emergency: A burst pipe is classed as a water emergency – it can cause serious damage to your home’s structure and electrical wiring. The following steps describe what you can do to help as soon as you discover you have a burst pipe:
1. Firstly turn off the main stop tap – most are fitted under the kitchen sink or where the service pipe enters your home.
2. Drain the system – you will need to turn on all your cold taps.
3. Turn off water heating systems – switch off the central heating, immersion heater and any other water heating systems that you have. Once water heating has shut down, turn on all the hot taps to help drain the system.
4. Turn off the electrics – If water leaks near your electrics or elec trical appliances, switch off the mains immediately.
5. Then call a professional to repair the damage.
For a Frozen Pipe Emergency: A frozen pipe is also classed as an emergency, because this can cause it to burst causing water to come pouring from the break. The following steps describe what you can do if you discover you have a frozen pipe:
1. Turn off the water supply – this is done by, turning off the main stop tap.
2. Beat the burst – protect everything around the pipe that appears to be frozen to avoid damage if it does bursts.
3. Thawing out – open the tap nearest to the part of the pipe you think is frozen so the water can flow through when it has melted.
4. You can thaw the ice in the pipe with a hot water bottle or even very carefully with a hairdryer.
5. Call a professional to repair any damage.
Preventing Burst Pipes: You can avoid burst pipes and leaks damage by putting some of these prevention measures into place. As frozen pipes often burst, winter care is crucial. Try some of the following care tips:
– Insulate your loft – and the sides of your water tanks
– Insulate all your pipes – Open the loft trap door on cold days to let heat in
– Re-new a washer on dripping taps because if they freeze, they’ll block the pipe
– Know where your main stop tap is. Check regularly that you can turn it off in an emergency
In very cold weather, do one of the following with your central heating:
Try to put your central heating on low or set it to come on a couple of times a day, especially if you’re going away.
©2021 Causeway Heating Services Limited. All Rights Reserved.